Many people spend their whole lives in search of happiness, often travelling thousands and thousands of miles in hope that somehow they will meet someone or something that is going to make them happy. However, seeking happiness in the external world will only ever bring a temporary level of happiness, it is very short lived. I remember at the age of 21 I was heartbroken, having recently parted from a long term relationship, I was in search of happiness so found myself and the BMW garage, and before I knew it I had purchased a brand new Mini Cooper! I know, it was every girl dream at that age, however the excitement & happiness quickly wore off & before I knew it I was right back where I started but with the addition of a nice big debt! Seeking happiness in the external world will only ever have a short lasting effect, & will very quickly leave individuals feeling unfulfilled.
I later discovered we don’t find happiness, we discover happiness…and ultimately we are happiness. In fact, we are each standing in our own acres of diamonds it just that many don’t take the time to invest in ourselves.
Here are my 6 tips to living a healthier happier life
- Seize the opportunity to step out of your comfort zone by saying YES!!! Be daring, do something you have never done before and that feeling of accomplishment will last a lifetime.
- Be self-full not selfish. It is important to put some time aside in your diary to hang out with yourself. Maybe read a good book that is going to add value to your life. Find a cute coffee shop and journal your plans and dreams. Or even run a hot bath and disappear amongst the bubbles. Do more of what makes you happy because if you give to yourself you will then have more to give to others. At least That way you’ll never be left twiddling your thumbs if your date lets you down.
- Do what you love! This is a biggy! We spend 30% of our time at work in whatever capacity to sustain our lifestyles and pay the bills. So why not spend it doing what you love! If you don’t enjoy what you do it is certainly time for change! Don’t be afraid. take the time to ask yourself some serious questions like… “If I never had to work a day in my life again, and money were no issue what would I do?” you will then begin to think of ways you can turn your passion into pounds!
- Master your activities not your time! Getting up a little earlier to set out what you would like to achieve during the day will give you focus and enable you to move through the day more effectively managing your tasks, instead of always feeling like time is against you! That way you will most definitely go to bed with a sense of accomplishment.
- Get around positive people who will have your laughing your socks off! Surround yourself positive people who will add value to your life, don’t be afraid of stepping into a new you by going along to networking events to meet the kind of people you aspire to become. After all you become who you hang around with.
- Get up off your butt and get those endorphins pumping!. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. You don’t have to engage in the modern exercise if you have drag yourself to the gym everyday resenting every moment. (again bringing us back to Tip #3) why not try something a little different. Take a brisk walk, go for a bike ride or try out a yoga class! Yoga is proven to leave you feeling physically worked, mentally rejuvenated and spiritually connected.
Master your inner world and you will always have peace of mind despite the challenges that may be happening in your external world. Join the happiness challenge today by simply click on the link below to a redeem a free class. (offer only available for new clients only, Terms & Conditions apply).